26 Sept. 2009
What a long day.
First, we went to the Arkansas Sustainability Summit & Expo. It was smaller than years past. I was a little disappointed because I wanted to see what services they might provide for homeowners. As much as I would love it, I cannot foresee us outfitting our home with solar panels anytime soon, so, I guess I was hoping there'd be workshops on how to weatherize the house & be more energy efficient. All of those little things add up! Maybe next year. Anyway, the highlight was hearing Mayor Bob Dixon of Greensburg, Kansas speak. Greensburg is a town, that, in 2007, got wiped off the map by a tornado. The town decided to rebuild with sustainability & future generations in mind. Admittedly, Mayor Dixon figures it was this disaster that afforded them the opportunity to rebuild green, but it's still pretty amazing to see an entire community, city planners, leaders, builders and contracters act progressively. He said that Greensburg went from "being in the middle of nowhere to being the middle of everywhere", now that leaders worldwide seek his wisdom & guidance. I really appreciated his remarks about how building green shouldn't be political. He did, however, say that it was Gov. Sebelius & FEMA heads who suggested rebuilding this way.


From the summit, we high-tailed it to L1ttle Caesar's to pick up some H0t & Ready for watching the Hogs game @ Heather & Zach's home. After awhile, the game became too miserable to watch, so we went on down to the annual Hlllcrest Harvest Fest. It was so nice to be out of doors, with friends & doggies everywhere! We stuck around for the fashion show -- Korto Momolu was there! She makes such pretty clothes for all kinds of women. And possibly men? There was a guy who walked the cat walk, but he was just rockin' a t-shirt & jeans. ???
Loved this dress:

The designer herself. New hair cut!
We walked into the Peabody LR on the way to the summit to look @ the ducks. Cuet!

No comments:
Post a Comment